It is supposedly a "handwriting analysis" meant to enlighten we the readers to Charlie's true character. Graphology, as this kind of analysis is called, is basically bullcrap. From Wikipedia:
"Graphology is the pseudoscientific study and analysis of handwriting, especially in relation to human psychology. In the medical field, it can be used to refer to the study of handwriting as an aid in diagnosis and tracking of diseases of the brain and nervous system. The term is sometimes incorrectly used to refer to forensic document examination. Graphology has been controversial for more than a century. Although supporters point to the anecdotal evidence of thousands of positive testimonials as a reason to use it for personality evaluation, most empirical studies fail to show the validity claimed by its supporters."
What remains interesting to Patty however, are the following tidbits revealed in Charlie's application for credit:
1. He lists his number of dependents as "16."
2. He lists his occupation as "Evangelist," and claims that he's been at it for 20 years.
3. He lists his current address as 441 N. Bouchet in LA, and claims that he has been there for 10 months. There is no such address any more when you search for it on Google Earth.
4. He lists his former address as Spahn's Movie Ranch, and states he lived there for a year.
5. He claims to have a checking account at The Republic National Bank in North Hollywood.
6. George Spahn and someone on Chandler in Van Nuys are listed as his credit references.
Was he being serious, or was this just Charlie amusing Charlie with his own ironic sense of humor? Patty found it interesting.