Moments ago on KFI AM Los Angeles...
Debra Tate joined John & Ken on afternoon drive radio. Discussed was Bruce Davis who was sentenced to life in prison for the deaths of Gary Hinman and Shorty Shea. Because of good behavior, the parole board decided he should go free. Gov. Davis has 30 days to decide.
Tate said Davis is lesser known... much smaller than the others. He cut himself from the herd so to speak." (by getting himself tried separately). She says Davis is an equal to Charlie, he was a shot-caller whereas Tex was more of a follower. This man (Davis) she said is devious. The murders he participated in were heinous. He prolonged the death of his victims. She said she cannot say what he instructed people to do because it's hearsay. He did have the opportunity to stop things sooner and chose not to. There are other murders that took place that were mentioned by Tex Watson (on tape).
These tapes are being hung up in courts but will be heard very soon.
- He (Tex) released the attorney-client privilege many years ago. Bankruptcy court released the tapes to the LAPD.
- Davis is a scam. He passes himself as a minister. This is a story he sold to the parole board.
- There are details that Mr. Davis should have reported to authorities that could have closed cases. But he did not.
- He should have reported other Manson followers that participated in murder of Shorty Shea.
- People have to remember that this was a religious cult to begin with. Mr. Davis has spent his years getting degrees in theology.
- The guy is a psychopath and you don't stop once in prison.
- They (incarcerated family members) have cell phones. They still talk to each other. They are hooked up with the Aryan Brotherhood. They see Charlie as an icon. If Davis is released, she expects more killings in LA.
Debra: I don't think it's part of today's agenda. I've tried to make people aware of other murders. People just don't care. Im tired of the battle cry of public safety. They won 't let people do their jobs that could uncover the other murders.